BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Creative Type

I wonder sometimes why God saw fit to create me as a person who only seems to be passionate about things that are considered superfluous in our society. Particularly in times of economic hardship. Let's face it, musical theatre isn't exactly up there with rent and groceries on peoples' priority lists. Sometimes I wish something like nursing or accounting would light the same kind of fire under me that the arts do. It seems life would be a whole lot simpler if I could go to an office or a hospital every day, come home with my steady paycheck to my comfortable apartment, and open a can of the expensive cat food for my furball Benedick as I make myself a delicious meal of high dollar organic ingredients. Wouldn't that be loverly?


Alas, it's simply not the case. I'm one of those freaks who would much rather constantly hustle work in an industry where there are far more people than jobs available if it means I get to avoid a mind-numbing existence in a cubicle. I'm not the type to do a job in order to finance my life outside of the office. My work makes me feel alive just as much, (if not more), than my recreational activities and it brings me far more than monetary satisfaction. In fact, most times, it brings me far more satisfaction than money.

An interesting coincidence about being a so called, "creative type" is that we often need to get creative about how exactly we can generate an income that will support our lifestyle and bring us some satisfaction. This is often challenging and can be very discouraging when the answers we so desperately seek don't reveal themselves to us right away. We need to take heart in the fact that the kinds of jobs we can really sink our teeth into do actually exist and commit to doing the grunt work in seeking them out.

The question is.....where are they?

0 comments: