BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Good people and good music.

Tonight, a group of my fellow "monsters" and I took a short cab ride to a magical world of wonder; IKEA. The apartments here are rather beige, so we took a field trip to the home decorating warehouse and found some bits and pieces to make the spaces our own. I was a little bewildered by the whole thing, as I'd never experienced an IKEA before, and boy, was it an experience. Imagine every possible decorating scheme you could ever come up with........at incredibly affordable prices. I was so overwhelmed at first and had no idea what I wanted to do. I knew I didn't want to simply recreate the color scheme in my room at home, but I hadn't really thought about starting from scratch to decorate a whole new space. After some wandering, observing and thinking out loud, I was able to settle on some colors and motif's that I absolutely love. Big thanks to Mandi for helping the whole process along. :) I will definitely post pictures once I've got the whole place set up the way I want it.

When we got home, a few of us headed up to a castmate's room for some pasta, red wine and a jam session. We had a bit of a show and tell with some of our original music, and let me tell you.... based on what I heard tonight, it's going to be a very fun year. One of my two Frankenstein's, Isaac, is an INCREDIBLE writer akin to Jason Mraz and Jack Johnson. He's got great guitar chops and is a smart writer. Not to mention the fact that the boy's voice is very easy on the ears. We bonded on the first day we were here over music, home recording and the like and tonight only seemed to fuel our excitement to combine forces as writers and see what kind of magic we can make. Between the two of us, we've just about got an entire home studio here at the Kaigandori house, which will come in handy when I record my acoustic album this year. Needless to say, I am VERY excited to see what happens on and off stage this year with my cast.

Alright everybody.... time to catch up on my favorite American tv shows and finish moving some things around in the room before I get to bed. Vocal rehearsals start tomorrow!

0 comments: